Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bloggy Interview #5


i was waiting a few days to post since it was a holiday i wanted you all to catch up on your reading to hear my final 2 interviews. The last 2 interviews are dear friends who happen to be sisters!


Danielle is a friend i met through M.O.P.S. she is amazing! She is a single mom working 3 jobs and still finds the time to make her health and fitness a priority. She runs marathons and is seriosuly a stud, she trains like a maniac! OMG you should see her spin, her legs go 150 MPH no joke, and she never even seems tired or out of breath while the rest of us in her class are dying in our puddles of sweat! She teaches at our local university and teaches 2 spin classes a week (often more when her schedule allows) all on top of her job as a social worker for CPS.
Danielle encouraged me to come to her class, and my first time i went she told me "your goal for the first class is to stay the whole hour, lots of people leave so if you have to i understand" (i can only imagine what she thought about this really out of shape mom in her spin class lol) anyhow i told her i would not leave i would rather die and fall off the bike than walk out of a class lol..... so i stayed! and that night had felt like i had given birth all over again HA! but i went back, and i seriously LOVE it now! she teaches the best spin class ever, the music is really loud (which i prefer) it is fast paced and for 1 hour of your day is 100% focused on riding as hard as you can.

The best thing about Danielle is she is a great friend, she encourages you to do better and to always strive for more. She told me when i need to focus at the gym to imagine myself in a bikini looking hot (roflol that will not happen people!!) i told her if i did that people would think i was crazy because i would be laughing like crazy =) anyway one time she could tell i was upset and she was all OK who do i need to beat up lol... see a true friend willing to fight for me =) she is always nice to people which is rare to find these days ya know.

She is a young vibrant 20 something who is gorgeous inside and out and dang i wish i had a cute little brother because i so want her in my family bad!!!! She loves her boy and most importantly than all of this she loves the Lord! She is always up for a adventure! On her weekends she goes on hikes with her son in the mountains and foothills and carries in him a backpack thing for hours, can you even imagine i get tired carry Lilly from kid care to my car at the gym!
can you tell i love the girl lol.........

so here is Danielle's interview




Name: Danielle B.
Kids (how many and how old): 1 son 21 months
tell us a little about yourself: I am a single mom who works for Child Protective Services as a Social Worker. I also teach spin classes two nights a week at the local gym. Additionally I teach two courses in the Kinesiology Department at CSUB.
have you always been interested in health / fitness: Yes, it is my passion and I've loved it since I was about 14.
what is a typical daily routine: Wake up at 5:30. Spent time with the Lord. Get ready for my day. Wake up son up and prepare him a small breakfast for the trip to school. Out the door at 6:30. Drop son off at his school/daycare. Get to the office by 7:30am. Work until 4pm. Pick son up. Go home, play with son. Go the gym to either teach or workout on my own. Go home, prepare dinner. Have baths. Put son to bed. Then I do an assortment of the following: Catch on my freelance writing, paperwork for my CSUB classes, make new tracks for spin, laundry, cleaning, reading, emailing, etc etc etc. Go to bed around 11.
how many times a week do you exercise: 6 days a week
when do you exercise: Whenever I can. Typically around 5-6pm
what is your favorite workout: Running
biggest motivation: Beating my time
do you count calories, carbs, proteins, fat, points, do you follow a certain eating plan etc? why does that work for you: Yes, I am very conscious of what I put in my mouth. I'm not obsessive but I am aware. You can ask me at any given point of the day what I ate and I can tell you calories, protein, etc.
what do you do when you really want to eat chocolate or ice cream or (insert favorite food): Um...I eat it. I don't go nuts but I"ll eat it...and then I'll run a little harder.
do you restrict what your kids eat?, or how much they eat: Yes, no fast food, very very little prepared food. lots of fresh fruit and veggies.
How do you keep yourself from eating your kids' leftovers after a meal: There's never anything leftover...um...have you seen my boy?
How do you keep your diet in check when you're super tired and sleep deprived: Down some water and go to sleep
do you stop eating at a certain time of night: No. It's not like your metabolism stops. Hello...
what time of day is your most vulnerable? what strategies do you use to counteract that: Night time. Find distractions.
hormones, how big of a role in your weight (loss):??
your biggest tip to a mom just starting out in trying to get in shape: Baby steps. View it one week at a time. And...just think how HOT you'll look when the weight does come off.
biggest tip to a mom trying to lose weight: Moderation.
what is your biggest temptation when it comes to food? Anything sweet.
who is on your ipod? How much time do you have? :) Here's a sample. The Temper Trap, Nneka, Damian Marley, Christina Aguilera, Fannypack, MIA, Lil Wayne, Drake, Shontelle, Rhianna, Sim Redman band, Audioslave.

any final thoughts for all those mommies out there. or for me =): Um, Raquel you are a stud. That is all.

thanks Danielle =)








No comments:

Post a Comment