- its that time of the month- OK we are all women we have to deal with it EVERY month, get over it. God made us this way for a reason, and it wasn't to complain about being bloated, irritable and craving chocolate lol
- maybe you are gaining muscle and that's why you aren't losing- this one is my favorite one, i truly believe this is fat peoples excuse to not lose. UMMM i have enough fat that i would would have to be gaining SO much muscle that i started bulging like the Hulk before i think the muscle would hinder my weight loss
- i am too fat to get in the gym- um don't us fat girls need to be in the gym more than anyone? i mean really when i see a big girl like me at the gym i think HOLLA that girl is going to improve her health so much more. BELIEVE me if I of all people could pick up working out and being active after all this time anyone can no doubt
- i cant live without _____ (insert your favorite food) i am sure you can, i have said SEVERAL times i am not good at moderation, honestly i really suck at it if i go to a donut shop i may be able to eat just one donut but i will obsess about donuts until tomorrow when i will go get another one
- x, y, and z happened and i gained weight- i think life circumstances do happen and sometimes we use food as a comfort but at some point we have got to get a grip on it.
When our son Matthew died at 10 weeks old i was in such a odd place in my life i slowly started putting weight back on. i had lost 150 pounds previous to birth of my boys by having gastric bypass i had the surgery in 2000 found out i was pregnant 9 months after surgery had David, when he was 6 months old found out i was having twins and when the twins were born then to lose Matthew at 10 weeks old rocked my 23 year old life. i gained 30 pounds that year that followed. i had slowly gained almost another 30 in the last 5 years but i have got to stop with the excuses, yes my son died it sucked it still sucks but it is not a excuse for the weight.
i am writing this more for myself i want to look back on this a week/ month/ year from now and know that i stopped making excuses that i really made strides at getting healthy, even if i never make it to be a size 12 or i never make my goal weight that i really stopped making excuses and just worked hard and reached goals that i set for myself to feel better, and be a better mom for my kids. The competition is over in 4 weeks, at that point i will still be so far from the finish line but i hope i have made a good dent in the destination, even if i have 100 pounds to lose and it takes 100 weeks!!!!!! i am tired of my excuses, they are keeping me fat........
****disclaimer i know sometimes health issues arise that truly do not allow you to lose weight i am not arguing that i believe you, this is solely what i feel for ME!!!!