- Lego's- everyone loves Lego's and they provide hours and hours and hours and hours of entertainment for my boys
- books- i love books especially hardback books. i love looking through the illustrations and there is always great new books coming out.
- Hot wheels- we LOVE hot wheels in this house, love them so much you can find them in all rooms of the house if you look carefully. Jake will carry them throughout the house and leave them strategically then if we don't see it a few days later he will pick it up like he planned for it to be there all along
- games- i love games, the kids like to play games win win! the bigger kids are getting to the age where they play well and get the rules so i can beat them fairly HA!
- Art/Drawing/ Craft stuff i love things the kids can do (as long as it doesn't make too much of a mess lol) and most kids love to be creative.
- Thomas the train stuff- so cute and fun and most kids love them
- anything for the outdoors- basketballs, football, soccer ball, etc.
We have lots of "boy" stuff right now because Liz has outgrown lots of her toys and Lilly is 1 so she doesn't care as long as she can chew it but i look forward to girly stuff like dress up clothes, tea sets, play kitchens etc....
Things i do not love as far as toys are concerned are
- those box sets you buy at big box stores that are like $10 for 100 piece army/airplane/mechanic shop set know what i am talking about? the ones when you open the package half the stuff breaks
- hot wheels tracks, i think they never last longer than a few months so now i just stick to the cars them selves.
- puzzles my kids lose (or eat) the pieces and then it is pointless
- remote control cars we have purchased these a few times and they always seem like a waste of money
- for girls i don't like those sets that have like a stroller, car seat, highchair etc for a baby doll the ones that are made from light weight plastic where the wheels don't roll right and they break once your 30 pound 1 year old lays on the cradle HA! i cant wait to get Lilly a heavy duty shopping cart to put all her toys in and push it around the house, i loved when Liz would do that!
want to see some more great ideas go here