Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes 2009

ontour

Welcome to my home, i am so excited to be participating in this tour.Thank you The Nester for hosting,  i hope you would all come back to join me some other time, oh i know you are in a hurry there are hundreds of other homes to look at so here goes....

step into my entry way it is very simple with a little Christmas touch. this space always stumps me i have a few ideas from you all for next year already though...

101_5765

101_5766

cozy up by the fire there will be lots of pics to look at

first off here is my formal living room with our main tree that the whole world can see through my front window. i put my small village up on the mantle again this year thanks to the previous home owners who left it in the attic. I know i already said this here but are my chairs not fabulous!!! i wanted to do a fabulous garland but i spent my budget on the trees. yes i said trees we have 6 in our home this year...

101_5684 

here is a few up close pics of the tree

101_5796

i love these feather things i found at a local craft store, i think they were like $0.60 cents each, the snowflakes are all from the $1 section at target and the bulbs i already had. i wanted to stick with a color scheme on this tree this year since last year it was a modge podge

 

101_5799  oh you like the bow? thanks my husband made it, oh yes he did. you see his has patience, and can read instructions on how to place ribbon together to make a large bow and i do not like instructions, and i lack in patience too.

i love those little mirror picks, they look much better in person take my word for it please =)

 

 

101_5687 now stepping into our family room you can stop and grab a book to read to one of the five kids if you like? this is one of my favorite traditions that i got from a friend in my mops group. she started it for me by buying me a basket with a Christmas book in it so that i could add to it every year. the basket has got bigger and i have lots of fun books now i love to look at these with Jake in the morning during Lilly's first nap....

101_5857 here in the family room is where we have our only live tree, this tree i love because the kids did it all themselves with the exception of the lights (see my 2 oldest are so proud of it) some of the ornaments are all clumped together and you know what i let it be, didn't move one ornament, do you know what kind of self control that takes =)

 

 

101_5869 the kids even made there own countdown to Christmas rings and put them on there

 

 

 

 

next we will go into my room and see my candy cane tree...

101_5827

excuse my son he keeps taking things off and on this tree constantly..

 

 

 

 

 101_5828

my mother in law gave me this tree including her cute candy cane collection. i want to find a little fuller white tree on clearance at some point and wrap it with ribbon but i love the ornaments and that's all that matters. it looks so pretty at night when i light it up (the other pic is just a few of the cute ornaments)

101_5829

the last bedroom is my oldest daughters and here is her tree. she bought all the decorations with her own money she earned by helping her grandma decorate, she is so proud of this tree.

101_5661 101_5662

 

101_5933

my boys have a tree but it is pretty sad doesn't have any ornaments on it yet, honestly i am thinking of moving it out to make it into a tree like this, i love that Christmas card tree! my boys cant even keep the skirt i put on the tree on (it was actually a white sheet but whatever)

 

 

 

101_5743 my last tree is in my kitchen and is full of ornaments from my very good friends in my yahoo group, we have a exchange every year and my little tree is filling up now. it is one of my favorite Christmas decorations

 

i am glad you made it to the end i am sure you are exhausted now. before you leave let me just show you a few more things that are not trees <g>

dining room and kitchen

101_5768

101_5866 101_5867

and lastly the thing i am most proud of this year as far as Christmas decor. i made this myself for my front door and i was so excited i did something crafty

101_5859

and what i am most proud of, and why me and my hubby do all of this stuff. to see it all through there eyes.

101_5838

and we hope and pray that there is a lot of fun stuff but mainly they still learn the most important part of the holidays....

Luke 2:10-14 (New Living Translation)

but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God and saying,  “Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.”

16 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! [love, LOVE the purple!]

    mY tOUR iS nOW sHARED....come by if you can to visit. Happy Holidays!

    CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi raquel,

    WOW 6 trees! My cat would have field day at your place, we can't keep her away from one tree :)

    Love your bauble wreath, it looks great.

    Have a merry Christmas!

    Kym-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the trees. Your kids pose for pics like mine =) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful, I love the trees, all 6 of them. My oldest daughter would love your oldest daughter's tree. Your children are precious.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks beautiful! Great job decorating, all your Christmas trees are so pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the trees!
    Your kids are beautiful
    Have a merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those trees and those kids!! Nice posing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on the wreath - lovely colours. The house looks great, and full of joy. Season's Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious! love all your fabulous trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the white tree with Candy Canes! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was attracted to your title of 6 trees - me too! And I love that you commented about Boo Mamas card tree - me too! I love that idea, I just might have to get tree #7 for that! Such a fun post, thanks for sharing - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful decorations! Thank you for the holiday tour.

    Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2010.

    Cristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. ♥ your decorations! Your home looks fabulous, very festive!
    May you be blessed beyond measure this Holiday Season!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings~ Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! I featured you on my blog today, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Raquel, your home is beautiful. I love your wreath on the front dor, I have been wanting one of those. How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the candy cane tree! Your daughter's tree is lovely.

    ReplyDelete