Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu planning- Putting it all together

This week the Happy Housewife has another challenge for us. We are supposed to add to our last weeks 15 meals we need to add 5 main dishes and then a list of sides. SO here goes:

5 more meals would probably be:

  1. grilled chicken
  2. spaghetti
  3. sandwiches ( we love tuna, egg salad, grilled sandwiches, etc)
  4. grilled burgers
  5. taco salads/ sandwiches

and my list of sides:

  1. baked potatoes
  2. mashed potatoes
  3. beans (whole or refried pinto beans)
  4. rice (steamed rice or Spanish rice)
  5. salad (love Caesar!!!)
  6. broccoli or cauliflower
  7. chips
  8. raw veggies and dip
  9. watermelon
  10. cantaloupe
  11. corn on the cob
  12. roasted veggies
  13. asparagus
  14. grilled veggies
  15. cucumber marinated in lemon and spicy salt
  16. cottage cheese

actually we don't have a ton of sides we usually just serve one maybe 2 things. So i cant wait to read everyone else's list to get myself out of my cooking/ planning rut!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh, I love egg salad sandwiches. I need to make those for lunch tomorrow! They are my favorite!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete