Tuesday, January 13, 2009

attacked

so ever feel like everything you do seems to go wrong? it has been one of those weeks. ever since last Tuesday my week has been pretty crappy. i found out a huge error i made...HUGE.... which is going to be a long term fix- that sucks!

i had to see one of my leadership step down from ministry. had to deal with lots of hormonal women. had a situation to deal with it that i still need to do in MOPPETS. sometimes ministry is hard and we are attacked at every angel. but i am often reminded that it probably means we are doing what God wants us to, Satan does not want us to continue to grow so he keeps putting obstacles in front of us to discourage us, good thing our God is bigger than Satan!

1 Peter 5:8-10 (New International Version)

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast

and i have learned even more of how gracious our God is......

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a bad week. I have had weeks like that when I thought Satan was going to beat me down. The verses you shared were wonderful. Take comfort and peace in them.

    Totally off topic, have you been watching American Idol? I saw that you liked reality tv and was wondering. It is one of my favorite shows.

    God Bless,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete