Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yummy Salad!

this salad was so good I have to post a recipe-
1/4 c.sugar (or splenda) and 3/4 c. slivered and blanched almonds mix together in a skillet over medium heat until sugar turns syrupy then lay them all out on wax paper set aside (I tripled this and then saved the others in ziplock baggies

in large bowl combine:

1/2 pound spinach
1 large head of romaine chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 red onion sliced
2 tsp. sesame seeds toasted (opt. and I didn't use these because I didn't have them and it was still great)
break up the almonds once cooled and hardened and sprinkle on salad

in a bowl (I used a dressing bottle that I got from the grocery store to make dressing in)
1 tbls. of poppy seed
1/2 c.sugar or splenda
2 tsp. chopped onion (really fine I did it in the chopper)
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
mix and toss in salad right before serving.
oh and sliced strawberries if you chose which is sooo yummy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: