Saturday, April 28, 2007

Don't worry, Be HAPPY!!!!


Thinking of having my c-section has had me very nervous this pregnancy, now I know I have had 2 before , but this is different. the first one with David was a total surprise, and then when I had the twins I was going to have a vbac but Johnathan would not flip so they went ahead and did a C again, so this time my doctor is not giving me much choice an she wants me to have a c-section. so I have had 34 weeks to think about it (well really more like 29 since I found out I was prego at 5 weeks) and thinking I have done. it doesn't help that since January 2 women have passed away from complications having to do with Cesarean deliveries in this town alone! now I know those are not high numbers figuring there are probably a lot of babies born at the 4 hospitals here in town, but the fact that they post these on the news scares the hebee jeebies out of me. so tonight while John was gone and the kids were watching a movie I was in my room spending some time with the Lord, and I was asking him no I was begging him to keep me safe and the baby safe. and I just prayed "let me turn my bible open to something that speaks to me." so I flip open the big leather bound book and the first thing I see is:

Romans 15: 13

May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit


Yeah, so I turned the page again


Jeremiah 29:11-13


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


and then one last flip

Ephesians 3:20


20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us


......so I must hold on to that, now i know I should not be afraid but I was and God is always faithful to hold us when are scared. what are you afraid of today???? give it over to God!

Blessings,

~Raquel~

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how he answers our prayers like that. I will keep you in my prayers, that everything goes according to His will, and you have a safe c section.

    ReplyDelete