Johnathan Daniel Steele was born on July 27Th at 11:29 pm weighing in at 5 pounds 8 ounces, his big brother Matthew was born at 5 pounds 10 ounces at 11:27 pm both wore 18 inches long. they were born 8 weeks early and were huge for there age, but both boys could hardly breath Johnathan had to be put on a ventilator the next morning for over a week i remember when they took him off and the nurse told me i think we are somewhat out of the woods and he will make it through, i had no idea it was that serious and it is truly a miracle they both made it home. Matthew stayed in the nicu for 3 weeks and Johnathan for 4 and he got so tiny i think he was down to 4 pounds 3 ounces at the smallest, he had tubes everywhere and they got jaundice so incredibly bad. the coolest thing was in the hospital they were in there own beds and when we brought them home i put Johnathan in the bassinet with Matthew they immediately turned towards one another and fell asleep. when Matthew died of sids at 10 weeks old Johnathan would just lay in his bassinet and stare off into space he didn't cry but you knew he was missing Matthew, for several weeks we had to put a bear at the end of the bed (they slept foot to foot) and we would lay Matthews clothes that he had worn when before and had not yet been washed, next to Johnathan and he would sleep so well. the twin bond is amazing i wish i could have continued to see it to now. Johnathan's birthdays and milestones are always so bittersweet we are so thankful he is here with us but we have a longing to know what Matthew would have been like. someday when we get to heaven we will see that beautiful baby! anyhow let me tell you about Johnathan since this post is already so long
- Johnathan loves food! seriously normally gets up and sneaks foods in the mornings before everyone gets up. when he eats something he likes he closes his eyes and enjoys every bite!
- Johnathan is so smart! i have never met a child who retains so much information you can ask him a question and he will answer it being so sure of himself and he is usually right. you can point to any letter he knows the name and the sound it makes none of the other kids could do it
- he loves to sing! i mean really loves it he sang all the way to Idaho when we went like 8 hours of the trip! he is a big ham but can be bashful when he doesn't know someone. i am certain he will be a star of a show someday
- Johnathan is crazy! he talks loud, can get wrapped up in a TV show and whine like a baby all within minutes of each other. he is always asking to be allowed to pray over the meal and is very emotional
- Johnathan will be whatever he wants to be he is determined and has a fun time always. he is a fighter and has been since birth. oh and he loves his grandma Becky more than anyone he has always been very close to her.
Johnathan we love you and are so glad you are part of our family. God has given you so many talents i cant wait to see the person God is making you into