Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Please Lord let it be!

OK I sound like I am begging right? well I kind of am.

OK let me give you a quick (not sure it will be quick but you know) back drop of our house hunting story. we sold a small house we owned (it was a house we bought when we were first married and owned it for about 10 years) any who we sold that with the intention of buying the house we are renting (it is my sisters house but she moved to Idaho) anyway turns out we are not buying it (they are moving back) so we have begun looking for a home. OK so there is a area of town I REALLY want to live in it is a older area the houses were built in the 50's, well I found a great big ranch style foreclosure home well we looked at it and it had my top 13 list (i will post it later) BUT it needed a lot of work. well we decided we would make a offer after a lot of prayer and then the realtor called and said the bank accepted a offer the day before UGH! bummer
i went to the house one more time and prayed over it like I had every morning for the week and a half before and asked the Lord if it was his will for us to have that home it would fall out of escrow....

so we kept looking and found a few things but nothing to exciting well yesterday I had a appointment to meet with the realtor and his assistant to look at some homes and when we get to the second one he tells me that the original house may be back on the market because the people changed there mind..........
screech back up the truck WHAT?!
yup they found a few things they are not sure if they want to put the money into the house. but he would let us know for sure. well we looked at the house we were at and John loved it, it was move in ready and had room for a pool. so we left and said we would pray about it. well John met me at the house and we prayed over it (the original one we liked) and asked God to show us his will.
at this point I am very attached to this house i have prayed and prayed over it. so we go home and on the way here I decide I am not going to say anything I am going to let the Lord speak to John and he would make the decision because he would be doing the majority of the work not me. well he decided we should go for the one that was ready to move in i said OK (it is a nice house)

sooo (OK this isn't so short sorry) after swim practice for Liz I told John to take me by it to see it at night and he said OK, well i thought to check the Megan's law website and see if there were any offenders in the area, and the next door neighbor was a convicted child molester! I told John he took off his shoes and said well there is our answer.

so today I went and looked at the first place again and I love it. tomorrow we are making a offer hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle (they are asking way more than we can pay but it needs a lot of work) so if anyone reads this please say a prayer for us.I feel like God has already heard my prayers but now I need him to close the deal =)

so I was reading the word and the first passage I open up to is one of my favorite verses

Ephesians 3:20
niv
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
nasb
20Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
and finally the message
20God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

can I hear a AMEN!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying! Is this the house in my 'hood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add you to my prayers. I've been talking to God so much the last few weeks, he's probably putting his hands over his ears he's so tired of hearing from me. I live in Germany, and the rest of my family is back in the U.S. My father passed away two weeks ago, and I didn't make it home until after he passed away. I was trying to get an airline ticket home, but didn't make it in time. I had been praying and praying for my dad's recovery, but God called him home. Now I'm praying about a job I've applied for that's two hours from my hometown. My Mom is there and is having a hard time accepting my father's death. My twin daughters and my granddaughter are all there. Life is short, and I want to spend the most time with them that I can. I'm praying many times a day. So sweetie, I'll add your house to my prayer list. Please add me to yours. God knows my voice so well now. I'm forever laying my burdens on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying very hard! I want you to live there, how fun it would be!!

    ReplyDelete