Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Finally

So i am finally starting to work on some project i have been wanting to get to. between these projects, the holidays, and my kids i should be covered with blogging material for the rest of the year.....

this post is all over the chart so just ignore my jumping around

Two years ago we bought our boys new beds, well we offered Liz a new bed if she wanted but she would have to go from a full size bed to a twin. Well of course she wanted a new one. That new bed was great she loved it, but since we moved and her room is bigger she hasn't been wanting her big bed back. Luckily we saved it and so i pulled it out of our pile of stuff we saved.
Obviously it needed a face lift because this color was not going to work.





So i bought some spray paint at Lowe's that would somewhat match her desk and did the first 2 coats and then i realized it was glossy not satin...


Our pool has turned green. GROSS! good thing we weren't swimming anytime soon



Looks like we are ready for Halloween with our swamp.
I went back to the store and got some more spray paint this time in a satin finish and got to work
&
After a few days of hard work for the pool guy the pool looked looked like this:
here is Ms. Lilly today she was awake for a few hours finally.
and here is Jake being silly. Poor boy i have got to take him for a haircut soon!

I will show a picture of the room makeover in about a week. I ordered a new bedding set and it should be here Monday or Tuesday then we can do the fun work!










Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the make over. I am redoing Ellie and Emma's room too. I am not painting or anything. Just updating a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Raquel,
    I am new to your blog. I found it through a comment you left at Debbie's Ribbonwood Cottage...the title of a blog always attracts me and yours grabbed me this early am.
    I was to read you have 1 child in heaven...not that they are in heaven but my 33 year old only daughter just went home after a vigilantly battle with the coward called cancer. She passed Oct 23, 2009. We, my dh and I took care of her intensely for 59 days in our home after they could do no more for her.
    Your pool was quite the shade of green....I hear that can happen rather fast.
    Ms. Lilly is just gorgeous...so beautiful...so cherishable. Our children grow up so very fast. It seems for so very long they are little and then over night they grow up.
    i ENJOYED VISITING YOUR BLOG AND AFTER A WEEK OR TWO I WILL UPDATE MY BLOG. i WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO VISIT ME AND CONSIDER JOINING MY BLOG. I LOVE MAKING NEW FRIENDS.
    ANGEL HUGS
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete