- cooked shredded or cubed chicken (i cook mine with onion, and lots of seasonings in a pot with water and it turns out great)
- 3 cans of cream of chicken soup
- a cup or so of sour cream
- shredded cheese
- optional- diced Ortega chilies
- mix cream of chicken, sour cream and a little of the chicken broth (you could use milk if you want) mix it all up only add enough broth (or milk) to thin it out just a bit i maybe use half of a cup
- in a 9 x13 pan spray with Pam then add Doritos on the bottom
- next layer soup mixture, then chicken and cheese and repeat
- when you fill the pan up take some extra chips and crush them and put them on top
- bake at 350 until nice and bubbly. i usually put foil on top for about 15-20 minutes then take off and let the top brown just a bit
- serve over rice
- that's it
if you want to add the chilies just add them to the soup mixture before you layer.
like i said totally not a healthy dish, but my family loves it. you could use corn tortillas if you want instead of Doritos and the healthier cream of chicken and sour cream and cheese but seriously i would rather just have it once in a while this way.
let me know if you try it